Contact Us: (251) 432-5521
- Our late founding partner, Fred Helmsing, established the Firm’s renowned white collar defense practice in the 1970s and it continues to thrive today.
- We have a strong reputation for handling complex fraud and white collar cases from the earliest stages of the investigation phase through trial and appeal. We know how to guide our clients through the complexity, sensitivity and stress of criminal proceedings.
- Our White Collar Crime lawyers have handled a wide range of white collar matters, including cases involving offenses relating to the environment, public corruption, antitrust laws, insurance fraud, financial and accounting crimes, and tax matters.
- We also deal with regulatory matters, forfeiture proceedings, inquiries by governmental agencies and internal investigations, and we have extensive experience with civil matters that run parallel to criminal proceedings, such as civil RICO cases.
- Represented high-ranking claims manager for insurance company in connection with Mississippi federal and state grand jury investigations into handling of Hurricane Katrina claims. No charges were brought against client.
- Represented former Chief Financial Officer of large corporation charged with large scale financial fraud.
- Represented former Chief Executive Officer of Fortune 500 company charged with public corruption offenses.
- United States of America v. McWane Inc, et al., United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama (represented one of defendants in criminal Clean Water Act case.)
- Conducted internal investigation of nationally-ranked engineering consulting firm in connection with FBI investigation of possible public corruption crimes. No charges were brought against firm.