- We often are called upon to defend wrongful death actions and cases seeking large compensatory and punitive damage awards for catastrophic injuries in difficult venues.
- This practice area includes substantive experience in admiralty and maritime, aviation, mass tort, medical malpractice, product liability, and toxic tort litigation, as well as cases involving workplace injuries and premises liability.
- We have extensive experience evaluating and contesting both liability and damages in wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases, and have successfully obtained favorable rulings on dispositive motions and trial verdicts for our clients.
Notable or Recent Reported Cases
- Kumho Tire Co. v. Carmichael, 526 U.S. 137 (1999)
- Tillman v. R. J. Reynolds Tobacco, 340 F. 3d 1277 (11th Cir. 2003)
- Barnhill v.Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., 2011 WL 1837816 (S.D. Ala. May 10, 2011)
- Frantz v. Brunswick Corp., 866 F.Supp. 527 (S.D. Ala. 1994)
Examples of Recent Representations
- Obtained summary judgment for testing company in products and premises liability case involving severe burn injuries
- Before filing of answer, obtained voluntary dismissal of wrongful death case arising out of boating accident in Geneva County, Alabama
- Obtained dismissal of chemical manufacturer in toxic tort wrongful death case in Wilcox County, Alabama
- Resolved wrongful death case arising out of death of two-year old in Sumter County, Alabama